Friday, August 27, 2010

One of the perks


My guys travel for work. This time of year they travel a lot. Sometimes I go with them, but because of other obligations I often find myself staying here at home more than I find myself out with them. I miss them...but I also enjoy my time alone. Don't worry...they are here 24/7 for about 5 months over the winter so I get to make up for lost time then. Could be one of the reasons why I love winter so much...that and snow. I adore snow almost as much as I adore my family.


Anyway.


One of the perks (besides staying up late to watch Gilmore Girls for the millionth time) is that I don't have to cook. I love to cook, but it's nice to not have to cook all the time. Know what I mean?


Like tonight. Earlier my uncle dropped off some potatoes and zucchini that he had made. Now I wouldn't normally think to saute potatoes and zucchini together but it is really good. Trust me. I had an ear of corn left over from the other day. I cut the corn off the cob, mixed it with the potatoes and zucchini and nuked it in the microwave. The whole process took less than 2 minutes...and was yummy. My guys would never in a million years want that for dinner. No meat. No pasta. Just veggies. Doesn't meet their minimum requirement for dinner...but it does mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment