Friday, November 30, 2012

Zippy Strippy Quilt

Waiting, it's one of the many things I'm learning to do these day. For anyone involved in an international adoption, you know that you wait...a lot. You wait for an email or a phone call or an important piece of mail. You wait to see the face of someone you already have fallen hopelessly in love with, to find out about her little life up to now. Waiting, waiting, waiting...especially for the day when you can fly across the ocean to whatever country you are adopting from and bring that special someone home. It's brutal and almost cruel, this thing called waiting.

I'm thankful for the waiting...it means we're moving from step to step. It may also mean that I'm learning some much needed patience, or at least trying to learn. God is teaching me lessons through this adoption that He knows I need to learn. Thank you God!

Keeping busy helps the time go by.

The other week I made a Zippy Strippy Quilt. I've made at least a dozen over the past few years. They are a quick project and always turn out beautiful.

This particular quilt was made for the one I'm waiting for. When I look at it, I see her safe and warm, snuggling up on our couch, knowing that she is loved and wanted!!

Picking out the fabric for one of these quilts is a fun process...it was even more fun for this particular project. You can't tell from the photo, but the blue corduroy has glitter all over it.
I love bright colors...and polka dots!

Little piles of fabric...they're waiting too.

Neat  "sandwiches" waiting to be sewed.

You only need to sew straight lines, which is a good thing because that's all I know how to sew.

Snip and wash is all that is left to do.

The finished project! It's warm, and snuggly...and waiting for her!

Lily wanted to check out the snuggle factor.

I think it passed the test...

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple to sew for Christmas too! I'm so anxious for you to get your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...I love it. Kristie, will you e-mail me with the instructions? Is it flannel? And, do you have to be careful when you wash it. I know I made a similar quilt YEARS ago...and you couldn't put it in the washing machine, because all the stuff coming off the flannel pieces would clog up your pipes and cause your washing machine overflow. Is that still the case???? Anyway, I want to make one for V. :) And I soooo wish I could give Lily a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and two more things....the pictures are awesome. AND...I know the waiting stinks. I was just thinking today of how the Lord is teaching me patience, too. But it's to have HIS PATIENCE. Because He is soooo patient with us...and just waiting, and waiting for us to come to Him, and be a part of His family. And in this adoption waiting, we are learning how to want something so bad...want our children to be a part of our family so bad....but it doesn't happen on our timing... Anyway...something I'm pondering today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your pictures!! She is going to LOVE that quilt because not only is it really cool, but she will know that it was made with SO MUCH LOVE!!! And, it was obviously tested out by another little love bug :) I can't wait to see picture of her AND Lily all snug like a bug!
    I've been praying for you and that you will receive your referral SOON- specifically that you would receive it before I go so I can hopefully snap some pics!!!!
    Much love and prayers to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete