I'll be the first to admit that I am a winter girl. Unpopular, I know. With that being said, I am sooo blessed to live in an area that has four full seasons. Four distinct changes. Spring is in full swing in my neck of the woods. The birds are chirping, the air feels fresh, the windows are open, lilacs are in full bloom. Everything is waking up after a long and cold winter. I'm loving it!!
I thought I'd share a few of my Simple Pleasures of Spring. I'd love it if you shared some too.
- The laundry line. It's budget friendly and the scented reward from a day of line drying is icing on the cake. Especially crisp, cool, white, smell-good sheets.
- Open windows and breezes. I love to lay in bed and feel the cool morning air wake me up.
- Playing in the dirt. Tidying everything up and getting rid of the last signs of winter (and in some cases autumn). Planting onions and other early crops. Ooh, and strawberries too.
- Capris. It feels so good to shed sweaters and pants and slip into comfy capris (that are a little loose compared to last year...yeah).
- Campfires. I love sitting around a fire with loved ones and making smores or mountain pies. It doesn't get any better than that.
- Spring Cleaning. No, I'm not crazy. I just look forward to cleaning windows until they shine and paying attention to every nook and cranny.
What are your simple pleasures of spring?