Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Dream Garden

What do Mayhem and Chaos have in common with gardening? A lot. Part of the reason we decided to take down so many trees, was so I could have my dream garden. It may not be ready for this spring, but it's never to early to plan.
I'm definitely going with raised beds. I adore Susan Branch's garden on Martha's Vineyard. I could spend all day playing in the dirt!
And let's not forget Mr. McGregor's garden in The Tale of Peter Rabbit...or should I say Peter Rabbit in Mr. McGregor's garden?
Anywhoo...

Until it becomes a reality, I'm dreaming of raised beds, white picket fences, veggies and herbs, muck boots, dirty fingernails, shovels and hoes, compost, strawberries, manure, sun on my shoulders, seed catalogs, flowers, and weeds.
Hmm...life is good!

4 comments:

  1. So much fun to dream of summer gardening when the snow is hammering down. It's the perfect time for weeds to seem like a fantasy. I do like the sun on the shoulders part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoOo! I love the Martha's Vineyard garden! I love gardening, too. I love my herbs and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got our first seed catalog in the mail Monday! Doug has been studying it closely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's never too early to plan for a dream garden. It's good to see that your finally is taking action for your dream to come true. This also reminded me of an old woman living in our neighborhood a few years ago. Her garden was really beautiful. It's too bad that I wasn't able to take a picture of it.

    Aaliyah Aldaco

    ReplyDelete